Thursday, December 18, 2008

Santa...I Can Explain...

So, my annual Christmas fundraiser, Letters From Santa, is over! I sent out the final touches tonight and hopefully everyone will be happy with their letters from the big guy! I had a good response, not as great as in past years but since all of the money raised goes towards Lebanon County's Relay for Life/American Cancer Society, EVERY dollar counts!!! I sell the letters for $2.50 each and each person gets a personalized letter with specifics about themselves in it. It is addressed to them and they get it in time for Xmas. Andrew LOVES it!!! In past years, I've sold an average of $200 worth...this year I brought in $120. It's less, but like I said, it's every dollar that counts! I keep thinking that it's penny pinching or that people just forget! Next year, I'll have to see about maybe coming up with a website or something. We always have it posted on our Relay website: www.lebcorelay4life.org so in the future, you can always check it on there!

This year I didn't have as many interesting letters as in past year. Usually I get some letters to go an elderly person in a nursing home wishing for a boyfriend and some knitting needles but this year I got a 35 year old wanting a beautiful wife and a license to sell beef?????

Anyway, just want to thank everyone who supported my fundraiser and look forward to doing it in the spring with letters from the Easter Bunny!!! It's all of you who support Relay for Life that allow us to put a stop to this terrible disease!!!

No comments: