Saturday, December 27, 2008

Emmit and Me

If any of you have read the book "Marley and Me" then you all know how heartwrenching the book is but there are also some hysterical moments in it as well. My dog, Emmit, is a black lab who is a clone of Marley! Everyone in my family who has read the book has commented on how Emmit and Marley are the exact same dog! Everything about him is the same...from eating poopy diapers to knocking down a Xmas tree. He even has health problems like Marley!

We just found out on Xmas eve that Emmit tore his ACL...once again! Last year in October, he tore his ACL on his left hind leg...now it's his right hind leg. He had to wear a cast and had trouble getting up and down our back porch steps to go to the bathroom. He loves to sleep where ever we are so when we would go upstairs to bed, he would start to cry because we were away from him. So I would camp out on the couch so he could lay on the floor right next to me. He's such a momma's boy!

So, anyway, please say a little prayer for my canine son, Emmit, as he has to have surgery on January 6. I know he'll be fine but I am a mother and worry!

I have a cute side note that Andrew had asked me over the summer. I told Andrew that Emmit was my first baby. He didn't seem to understand and he asked me, "Was Emmit in your belly too?" I had to explain that he had a mommy and a daddy that were dogs...explaining that was more difficult than I thought! Anyway, I thought it was cute!

No comments: