Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet...



Well, Halloween is over for the season! Wednesday night , Andrew, Emmit, and myself carved our pumpkin we got from the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago. We had so much fun carving it because Andrew was determined that he was going to carve it himself with a knife. I, on the other hand, thought he was delusional! Uh, yeah, I'm going to let you have a sharp bladed knife when I don't even allow you to have a dinner knife? Hello?!?! Needless to say, he helped me design it and scooped the guts out of the pumpkin. For those of you who don't know the secret to scooping the guts out yet? An ice cream scooper is the way to do it! Emmit on the other hand was right by our side because he enjoys licking the rim of the pumpkin and eating the raw pumpkin seeds! Andrew seemed pleased with the final product!!!
As far as Trick or Treat, we had it tonight on actual Halloween! For those who live in the city, it was an actual surprise that we had it on a Friday night, not to mention on the actual Halloween holiday. That's a rarity because the locals are all about Football Friday, especially since LHS is going to district playoffs, which has not happened in some time (I think)!!!
Andrew decided after many different options that he was going to be Batman! Originally it was an astronaut, then it was going to be The Hulk, then Spiderman, then it went back to an astronaut. Last week we were literally in Walmart with items to make his astronaut costume in my cart when we walked past the costumes. He saw Batman and said to me, "I changed my mind. I wanna be Batman!" I literally wanted to pull my hair out of my head! As you can see, he went with Batman and tonight we got a ton of candy. Some woman even gave out a dollar bill!
For those who know me the best, I am a very nostalgic person. We had the opportunity to trick or treat in my old neighborhood on the Southeast side of town. We went to doors of homes that I went to at Andrew's age. For me, that was very special. It was nice to see those same people who live there handing out candy just as they did 32 years ago. A few people even remembered me, which was nice!
Andrew has crashed for the night as another Halloween is under our belt! I am sure tomorrow when he wakes up, he'll be talking about what he wants to be for Halloween next year!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ange....I love reading your blog! You are so creative! Andrew looks so cute in all his costumes. We received your card yesterday, just in time. Romy loves opening cards, please tell Andrew we love his drawings. Romy went treating last night as Yoda...he was really into it. Spain has actually started getting into the whole Halloween thing, so it was nice to see other kids dressed up. I will send you pics later. I hope you guys are doing great...we miss you all. I will keep reading your blog...it's fantastic. Take Care.

Ange said...

your my first comment!!! yeah...it's fun to see that people are really reading it! can't wait to see his pics!!! talk to you soon!