Saturday, October 25, 2008

Our house is finally becoming a home!


We finally painted the last room in our house that was not to our liking! Andrew has been between two rooms for the past 2 months and we finally painted and moved everything into his room. I was having a hard time getting him to sleep in his own bed and stay there but now he's doing well! Our "middle room" was a floral background and Andrew refused to sleep in a "girl's room" so we had to paint it. I suggested doing a themed room and he loved the idea. First he wanted a sports themed room. Then it was a pirate themed room. Then it was a Penn State themed room. Now, it is a basketball themed room. He can't make up his mind! I told him that I would paint a mural on a wall but now that I see how much he changes him mind, I'm kicking myself for promising that! There is no way I'm going to repaint a wall with a new mural every 4 months! Not happening!!! So, we bought him a new comforter and sheets with sports balls on them. He has a ton of sports memorabilia so it just seems natural for him to have that type of room. We have decided that I will paint a basketball back board on his wall and we'll drill in a real basketball rim so that he can actually shoot basketball in his room. Once I told him that, he loved it and hasn't changed his mind since!


We ended up painting his room a light blue with white trim. Simple and easy! Andrew even helped paint. He really loves helping around the house, "fixing" things...even cleaning! I'm figuring it will only be a matter of a few years before that will change so I'm milking it for all that it's worth for the time being! If he keeps it up, he will make a great husband some day! I'll take credit for that one!


We had our living room and dining room painted over the summer too so it finally feels like things are coming together. It definitely feels more like a home now!

No comments: