Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New York State of Mind...

So, yesterday I booked our hotel room in NYC for the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Since I was a kid, I have been fascinated by the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. My Pa Pa Klahr and I used to watch it when he was still alive and I have always dreamed of going. When I had Andrew, I decided that at least once we will go. While this is not the year we'll be making the trek to the parade, we will be going up on Sunday after Thanksgiving and staying overnight until Monday. Since he's off school, I figured it would be a great chance to maybe see the Radio City Christmas Spectatular or just see the traditional NYC Xmas deco! I've been obsessively looking online for things to do. I saw where they turn Bryant Park into an old town shopping area with a makeshift skating rink! Andrew keeps asking me if we can do that...I think we can work that into our day! I was a little disappointed when I saw that the Rockefeller Center Xmas tree isn't being lit until December 3rd, which is after we leave.

I went to NYC a few years ago at Xmas time with some co-workers (Megan and Christine) and had a blast but it was PACKED!!! I think it would be a nightmare trying to keep hold of a 5 year old in a fast paced city during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. We are hoping that we can actually see the window displays at Saks, Macy's, and Bloomies!!! The last time I went, you were lucky if you could see the windows without either being pick-pocketed or getting pushed around by those who are impatient.

I'll be sure to post pics from our little mini vay-cay when we return next month!!! Can't wait!

No comments: