Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wigs for Kids

So some of you may have noticed that my hair has been longer than I usually wear it! For the past 8 months I have been letting my hair grow so that I can donate it to Wigs for Kids. It is an organization that accepts donated hair that will be processed into wigs for children who suffer from medical conditions, health conditions, burn accidents, etc. I need to reach 12 inches and that includes having my hair in a ponytail at a length that also makes me feel comfortable to have it cut at! I was hoping I could grow it out by Xmas but I am thinking it will be longer than that!

There are days that I want to cut it off myself because I get so frustrated with it! This day it has tons of static, that day it has no body! I keep pushing myself each day because I think of those kids who need a wig to help make them feel better about themselves! I have the Wigs for Kids website bookmarked on my home computer to give myself some inspiration! Please check out this website and perhaps you'll be inspired too!!! www.wigsforkids.org

No comments: